THE IMAGE OF THE MERCIFUL JESUS and His Promises

The Lord Jesus expressed His desire to have an image painted according the vision experienced by Saint Faustina on February 22, 1931 in her convent cell in Plock, Poland.

"Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: 'Jesus, I trust in You'. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and then throughout the world. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I, Myself will defend it as My own glory."


This is the precious original Imageof Divine Mercy, now kept in the 
International Shrine of Divine Mercy 
in Vilnius, Lithuania where it was painted.


I desire that there be a Feast of Mercy. I want this image, which you will paint with a brush, to be solemnly blessed on the first Sunday after Easter; That Sunday is to be the Feast of Mercy. I desire that priests proclaim this great mercy of Mine towards souls of sinners"
(Diary, 47-49).


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP