12 PROMISES OF DEVOTION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS

Listed below are the "12 Promises" of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary to encourage all Catholics to know and understand the benefit of practicing the Devotion and to encourage all to take up its immediate practice.

1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge during  life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment. 


Four excellent ways to increase your personal devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

1. Prayer. Implore, pray to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
2. Frequent Mass and receive the Communion. The Eucharist, the Communion, is the body sacrificed for us by the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
3. Visit to the Blessed Sacrament. Only a Roman Catholic Church…the Blessed Sacrament.
4. The Holy Hour. The Holy Hour is the 3 PM... Merciful Hour. Those who " Watch one hour" with Jesus, either before the Blessed Sacrament or at home, inevitably grow in love for the Sacred Heart.

Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque, a Visitation nun, between December of 1673 - June of 1675. Jesus made many revelations to St. Margaret Mary.

"And He showed me that it was His great desire of being loved by men and of withdrawing them from the path of ruin into which Satan hurls such crowds of them, that made Him form the design of manifesting His Heart to men, with all the treasures of love, of mercy, of grace, of sanctification and salvation which it contains, in order that those who desire to render Him and procure for Him all the honor and love possible, might themselves be abundantly enriched with those divine treasures of which this Heart is the source. He should be honored under the figure of this Heart of flesh, and its image should be exposed...He promised me that wherever this image should be exposed with a view to showing it special honor, He would pour forth His blessings and graces. This devotion was the last effort of His love that He would grant to men in these latter ages, in order to withdraw them from the empire of Satan which He desired to destroy, and thus to introduce them into the sweet liberty of the rule of His love, which He wished to restore in the hearts of all those who should embrace this devotion."..... 
"The devotion is so pleasing to Him that He can refuse nothing to those who practice it."
- from Revelations of Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

How to complete The Nine First Friday's Devotion:
1. Receive Holy Communion on each First Friday; 
2. The nine Fridays must be consecutive;
3. They must be made in honor and in reparation to His Sacred Heart.

An Act of Consecration
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, filled with infinite love, broken by my ingratitude, pierced by my sins, yet loving me still: accept the consecration that I make to You of all that I am and all that I have. Take every faculty of my soul and body. Draw me, day by day, nearer and nearer to your Sacred Heart, and there, as I can bear the lesson, teach me your blessed ways. AMEN.

Traditional Prayer of Reparation
My loving Jesus, out of grateful love I bear you, and to make reparation for my unfaithfulness to grace, I give you my heart, and I consecrate myself wholly to you; and with your help I purpose to sin no more. AMEN.

Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart
Dear Jesus, in revealing the love of your Most Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary you have said, "Behold this Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to the point of spending itself and being consumed to prove its love to them."
Moved by this great love I humbly confide to your Most Sacred Heart this request. (Pause)
May your most loving Heart grant this request if it be in accordance with your Holy Will. Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust You. Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, may your Holy Will be done. AMEN.

Jesus dictated these prayers to Sister Maria de Saint-Piere:
  • "Eternal Father, look upon the Sacred Heart of Jesus which I offer to Thee as a Vase that it might receive the wine of Thy Justice, and in passing through this Holy Channel that it may be changed for us into the Wine of Thy Mercy!"
  • "Eternal Father, I offer Thee Our Savior Jesus Christ for the expiation of my sins and for the needs of Holy Church." 


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP