Sister Mary Martha Chambon was a lay sister (not a nun) of the Monastery of the Visitation who died in Chambery, France in 1907. She reported visions of Jesus Christ who taught her specific prayers and meditations on His wounds. Some of her prayers have received the imprimatur of Archbishop Albert G. Meyer.
She reported that Jesus asked her to unite her sufferings with His as an Act of Reparation for the sins of the world. He gave her 17 promises and also told her:
'When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief . . . The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory.'
O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
Holy God, Almighty God, Immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen.
Grace and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers, cover us with Your Precious Blood. Amen.
Eternal Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech You. Amen, Amen, Amen.
The following prayers composed by Our Lord are to be said using the rosary beads.
On the large beads (the Our Father beads):
Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls.
On the small beads (the Hail Mary beads):
My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.
End the rosary by repeating this three times: Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls.
THE 17 PROMISES FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE THE DEVOTION OF THE HOLY WOUNDS
1. At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
2. Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.
3. Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!
4. I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinte price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart everything can be obtained.
5. From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.
6. My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins.
7. Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart.
8. In offering my Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.
9. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.
10. This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: 'My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!' This prayer will solace soul and body.
11. A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: 'Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls.'
12. There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life.
13. This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.
14. Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My divine Wounds.
15. The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.
16. The soul who during life has honored the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her.
17. The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.
17 PROMISES FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE THE DEVOTION OF THE HOLY WOUNDS FOR THE POOR SOULS OF PURGATORY
HEALING GRACE is your personal manual to gain freedom from life's miseries and atrocities, most especially mental, physical and spiritual suffering. Let me help you endure life's everyday crosses through hope and prayer. Be inspired and let go of all that burden. Jesus Christ is always there to liberate and love us if we call on His Name. And the Blessed Mother Mary is always there to support and take care of us if we only ask.