DEVOTION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY


Mary said: "My daughter, look at My Heart surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to console me, and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months go to confession and receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary and keep me company for a quarter of an hour while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me."  


This Message was confided by Our Lord to Berthe Petit, a humble Franciscan Tertiary, born on January 23, 1870, at Enghien, Belgium:  


"Teach souls to love the Heart of My Mother pierced by the very sorrows which pierced Mine." (December 25, 1909)  


At the Holy Hour (March 25, 1912) the Blessed Virgin spoke thus: "I have called myself the Immaculate Conception. To you I call myself Mother of the Sorrowful Heart. This title willed by my Son is dear to me above all others. According as it is spread everywhere, there will be granted graces of mercy, spiritual renewal and salvation."  


The time is now ripe.  I wish mankind to turn to The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of My Mother. Let this prayer be uttered by every soul....Let this prayer dictated by My Love as a supreme succor be approved and indulgenced, no longer partially and for a small portion of My flock, but for the whole universe, so that it may spread as a refreshing and purifying balm of reparation that will appease My anger." - Our Lord to Berthe Petit (1870-1943)  


PRAYER (Composed by Berthe Petit)  


Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, dwelling pure and holy, cover my soul with your maternal protection so that being ever faithful to the voice of Jesus, it responds to His love and obeys His Divine Will.
I wish, O, my Mother, to keep unceasingly before me your co-redemption in order to live intimately with your Heart that is totally united to the Heart of your Divine Son.
Fasten me to this Heart by your own virtues and sorrows. Protect me always. Amen.  



"Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us who have recourse to thee." - At the urging of His Eminence Cardinal Granito di Belmonte, ex-Nuncio to Brussels, and zealous apostle of the Sorrowful Heart of Mary, His Holiness Pope Benedict XV granted 100 days indulgence on Sept. 28, 1915 for this invocation, and then enriched it to 300 days just one year after his original sanction.  



Cardinal Bourne: "There is no question here of introducing a new devotion, but rather of deepening our understanding, and of giving greater force to thoughts long dear to our hearts, and rooted in the history of our race.  This is why we wish to intensify our supplications to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary - now especially when the circumstances of our time so urgently demand it."  


Cardinal Mercier: "Let us never forget the title to our gratitude that Mary has won by Her Sorrows."  


Pope Benedict XV: On May 31, 1915, His Holiness Pope Benedict XV wrote at the end of a letter addressed to His Eminence Cardinal Venutelli, Dean of the Sacred College the following recommendation addressed to the bishops of the world: "Let us lift our prayers, ardently and frequently, more than ever, towards Him in whose hands lie the destinies of nations, and let us all address ourselves with confidence to the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, the most sweet Mother of Jesus and of us, so that by her powerful intercession, she may obtain from her divine Son, the prompt end of the war and a return to peace and tranquility."


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP