FEAST OF THE TRIUMPH OF THE CROSS - September 14

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny  himself, and take up his cross and follow Me."Matthew 16:24

Lord Jesus Christ,
for the sake of Thy holy cross,
be with me to shield me.

Lord Jesus Christ,
by the memory of  Thy blessed cross,
be within to strengthen me.

Lord Jesus  Christ,
for Thy holy cross,
be ever round about me to protect me.

Lord Jesus Christ,
for Thy glorious cross,
go before me to  direct my steps.

Lord Jesus Christ,
for Thy adorable cross,
come  Thou after me to guard me.

Lord Jesus Christ,
for Thy cross worthy of all praise,
overshadow me to bless me.

Lord Jesus Christ,
for Thy  noble cross,
be Thou in me to lead me to Thy kingdom.


(11th Century  Prayer)

The message of the cross  is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is  the power of God.1 Corinthians 1:18

Lifted high on the cross,
Christ gave His life for us,
so much  did He love us.
From His wounded side
flowed blood and water,
the  fountain of sacramental
life in the Church.
To His open heart
the  Savior invites all 
to draw water in joy
from the springs of  
salvation.

(Roman Liturgy)

Consecration to the Cross

My Jesus, I consecrate  myself this day to Your Holy Cross. Just as You took upon Yourself that great cross for the sake of all humanity, so I vow to embrace the crosses in my life. Everything I suffer I give back to You, my 
Sweet Jesus, to atone for my sins and  those of all the world. I will begin and end each day at the foot of Your Cross,  together with our most Blessed Mother and St. John, our brother. My only  pleasure will be to comfort You, my Sweet Savior. Amen.

Constantly remember the  pains of our crucified Love. Know that those great saints who now reign with divine love in heaven above reached the height of perfection by this very  path. ~ St. Paul of the  Cross

Prayer 

Come, let us adore Christ the Lord, who was nailed to the cross for us. 

When they came to the place called the skull, they crucified Him and the criminals there, one on His right, the other on His left. 

Psalm 116:1-9 

I love the  Lord, who listened
to my voice in supplication,
Who turned an ear to  me
on the day I called.
I was caught by the cords of death;
the snares  of Sheol had seized me;
I felt agony and dread.
Then I called on the name  of the Lord,
"O Lord, save my life!" 

Gracious is the Lord and  just;
yes, our God is merciful.
The Lord protects the simple;
I was  helpless, but God saved me.
Return, my soul, to your rest;
The Lord has  been good to you.
For my soul has been freed from death,
my eyes from  tears, my feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the Lord
in the land of  the living. 

Reading: 1 Peter 2:23-24  

When He was insulted, He returned no insult; when He suffered, He did not threaten; instead, He handed himself over to the one who judges justly. He Himself bore our sins in His body upon the cross, so that, free from sin, we 
might live for righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.

Intercessions 

Blessed are You, Jesus, our Savior;  You gladly suffered for us.
- You redeemed us with Your  own blood.

On the cross, You asked Your Father to forgive those  who were tormenting You.
- Inspire us to love those who  dislike or oppose us.

You made Your cross into the tree of life.  
- may all the baptized eat of its  fruit.

Lord, God,
you appointed as the Redeemer of the  world
Your only Son, who was nailed to the cross.
Keep safe within us the  gifts of Your mercy.
As we live in union with Jesus, the mystery of our  salvation,
may we share in the harvest of redemption.
We ask this through  Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.


May the Holy Cross be to you light and health, the benediction and the Will of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
Source: Catholic List


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP