FEAST OF OUR LADY OF SORROWS - September 15

THE HAIL MARY OF OUR SORROWFUL MOTHER

Hail Mary, full of sorrows, the Crucified is with thee; tearful art thou amongst women, and tearful is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of the Crucified, give tears to us, Crucifiers of  thy Son, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

AN ACT OF CONTRITION

Virgin most afflicted, how ungrateful have I been in the past to my God, in return for all His  benefits. Now, I repent in bitterness of heart, humbly asking pardon for  the offence done to His infinite goodness, and resolved 
by the help of heavenly  grace to offend Him no more. Ah! by all the pains which thou didst suffer  in the cruel Passion of thy dear Jesus, I pray thee, with fervent sighs, to  obtain for me pardon and mercy for all my grievous sins. Obtain that the same sword which pierced thy soul may pierce mine also, that I may live and die  in the love of my Lord, and share eternally in that glory, which He has  purchased for me with His most Precious Blood.  Amen.


ACT OF CONSECRATION TO OUR SORROWFUL  MOTHER

Holy Mary, Mother of God and Queen of Martyrs, I do this day choose thee as my model, protectress, and advocate.  In thy  Immaculate Heart, pierced with so many swords of sorrow, I place my poor soul forever. Receive me as thy especial servant as a partaker in thy sufferings. Give me strength always to remain close to that Cross on which  thy only Son died for me. All that I am and have, I consecrate to thy service. Accept every good work that I may perform and offer it to thy Son for me. Dear Mother, help me to be worthy of the title: "Servant of  Mary." Stand by me in all my actions that they may be directed to the glory of God. As thou wert close to Christ, thy Son, on the cross, be near  to me, thy child, in my last agony. Obtain for me, that I may invoke thine and His sweet Name saying with my lips and my heart: "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I die in peace in your holy company."

(From the booklet  Novena in Honor of Our Sorrowful Mother Compiled from Approved  Sources)

THE SEVEN DOLORS OF OUR LADY  

Prayers in Honor of the Seven Dolors (Sorrows) of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Approved by Pope Pius VII in  1815

V: O God, come to my assistance;
R: O Lord,  make haste to help me 
V: Glory be to the Father.....
R: As it was in the  beginning.... 

1. I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in the  affliction of your tender heart at the prophecy of the holy and aged Simeon. Dear Mother, by your heart so afflicted, obtain for me the virtue of humility  and the gift of the holy fear of God. 


Hail Mary........

2. I grieve for you, O Mary most  sorrowful, in the anguish of your most affectionate heart during the flight into Egypt and your sojourn there. Dear Mother, by your heart so troubled, obtain for  me the virtue of generosity, 
especially toward the poor, and the gift of piety.  

Hail Mary........

3. I grieve for you, O Mary most sorrowful, in those anxieties  which tried your troubled heart at the lost of your dear Jesus. Dear Mother, by your heart so full of anguish, obtain for me the virtue of chastity and the gift of knowledge. 

Hail Mary........

4. I grieve for you, O Mary most  sorrowful, in the consternation of your heart at meeting Jesus as He carried His  cross. Dear Mother, by your heart so troubled, obtain for me the virtue of  patience and the gift of fortitude. 

Hail Mary........

5. I grieve for you, O Mary most  sorrowful, in the martyrdom which your generous heart endured in standing near  Jesus in His agony. Dear Mother, by your afflicted heart, obtain for me the  virtue of temperance and the gift of 
counsel. 

Hail Mary........

6. I grieve for you, O Mary most  sorrowful, in the wounding of your compassionate heart, when the side of Jesus  was struck by the lance before His Body was removed from the cross. Dear Mother,  by your heart thus transfixed, obtain for me the virtue of fraternal charity and  the gift of understanding. 

Hail Mary........

7. I grieve for you, O Mary most  sorrowful, for the pangs that wrenched your most loving heart at the burial of Jesus. Dear Mother, by your heart sunk in the bitterness of desolation, obtain for me the virtue of diligence 
and the gift of wisdom. 

Hail Mary........

Let Us Pray 

Let intercession be made for us, we beseech  You, O Lord Jesus Christ, now and at the Hour of our death, before the throne of Your mercy, by the Blessed Virgin Mary, Your Mother, whose most holy soul was  pierced by a sword of sorrow in the hour of Your bitter Passion. Through You, O  Jesus Christ, Saviour of the world, Who with the Father and the Holy Ghost lives and reigns world without end. Amen. 

Four Special Graces Promised to those Devoted to the Dolors of Our Lady


According to St. Alphonsus Liguori, Our Lord revealed to St. Elizabeth of Hungary four special graces that are given to those who are devoted  to the dolors of His holy Mother.

1. That those who before death invoke the Blessed Mother in the name of her sorrows, should obtain true repentance of  all their sins. 

2. That He would protect in their tribulations all who remember this devotion, and that He would protect them especially at the hour of  death. 

3. That He would impress upon their minds the remembrance of His Passion, and that they should have their reward for it in Heaven. 

4. That He would commit such devout clients to the hands of Mary, so that she might obtain for these souls all the graces she wanted to  lavish upon them.

Seven Promises to Those who Meditate on Our Lady's Tears and Dolors

According to St. Bridget of Sweden (1303-1373), the Blessed Virgin grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Marys while meditating on her tears and dolors:

1. "I will grant peace to their families." 

2. "They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries." 

3. "I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work." 

4. "I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it  does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of  their souls." 

5. "I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives." 

6. "I will visibly help them at the moment of their death -- they will see the face of their mother." 

7. "I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son will be their eternal consolation and joy." 

The Origin of the Chaplet of Tears

This Chaplet was revealed in 1929 and 1930 to the saintly Sister Amalia in Campinas (Brazil) by Our Saviour and His Most Holy Mother. The  local bishop Franciscus Graf Campos Barreto confirmed it as a supernatural  revelation. 
In a very consoling voice, Our Lord said to Sister Amalia on 8th  November, 1929:
"MY DAUGHTER, WHATEVER MEN WILL ASK OF ME  FOR THE SAKE OF THE TEARS OF MY MOTHER, I SHALL GRANT THEM LOVINGLY." 

And on 8th March, 1930, Our Most Holy Mother explained to Amalia: "THE DEVIL WILL BE DEFEATED BY THIS CHAPLET, AND THE REIGN OF HELL BE DESTROYED. PREPARE FOR THIS GREAT BATTLE."

Imprimatur: Munich  (West Germany), 22nd March, 1935, Buchwieser, Vicar General

CHAPLET OF TEARS 

(This can be said on a  "Servite Rosary" or "Seven Sorrows of Mary Rosary" consisting of 7 sets of 7 beads)

Instead of the Creed  begin:

"Crucified Jesus! Prostrate at Your feet, we offer You the tears of Her, Who with intimate, sympathetic love accompanied You on Your painful Way of the Cross. Grant, O good Master, that we take to heart the lessons which the tears of Your Most Holy Mother afford us, so that we may thus fulfill Your Holy Will on earth that we may become worthy to laud and bless You in Heaven for all Eternity. Amen."

(1) Say the prayer for the 1st Sorrow of Mary (further down)

(2)  Seven small rules. Instead of the "Our Father" pray:

"O Jesus!  Look upon the tears of Her, Who loved You most while on earth and Who loves You most intimately in Heaven."

(3) Instead of the "Hail  Mary" pray seven (7) times:

"O Jesus! Hear our petitions for the  sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother."

Repeat  the steps until you have done all 7 Sorrows of Mary  
(1st Sorrow, Seven small rules; 2nd  Sorrow, 7 small rules, etc.)

At the end repeat three  (3) times:

"O Jesus! Look upon the tears of Her, Who loved You most while on earth and Who loves You most intimately in Heaven."

After the last three invocations, say the following  prayer:

"O Mary, Mother of Love, of Sorrows, and of Mercy! We beg You, join Your prayers with ours, so that Jesus, Your Divine Son, to Whom we turn, will graciously hear our petitions in the name of Your maternal tears, and  together with the graces we implore, grant us finally the reward of eternal life. Amen."

MEDITATIONS ON THE CHAPLET OF  TEARS

Prayers to be said before each of the  "Seven small rules"

In Honour of the Seven Sorrows of Mary we  pray:

1. O Jesus, for the sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed during SIMEON'S PROPHECY that a sword will pierce Her Heart, grant us strength that even in our dark hours, we may remain firm in our Faith and  loyal in our love for You.

2. O Jesus, for the sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed during HER FLIGHT INTO EGYPT, have mercy on all the  homeless, refugees, and all those persecuted for the Faith.

3. O Jesus, for the sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed during HER SEARCH FOR YOU, have mercy on those souls who have lost You and grant that they will find You again through the Faith left in the temple of their hearts.

4. O Jesus, for the sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed when You met Her during YOUR PAINFUL WAY OF THE CROSS, grant us help when we are afflicted by  illness and tribulations, and show all those who err in Faith or do not believe, that You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

5. O Jesus, for the sake  of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed during YOUR AGONY ON THE CROSS, grant all those dying Your last Graces that are needed for their salvation, and may we accept our death with love, from Your Hand, the death that You have destined for us.

6. O Jesus, for the sake of the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed when YOUR SACRED BODY WAS TAKEN FROM THE CROSS and placed into Her arms, have mercy on all those who suffer, and grant them the knowledge that God will not send them afflictions beyond their strength.

7. O Jesus, for the sake of  the tears of Your Most Holy Mother shed when YOU WERE PLACED IN THE SEPULCHRE,  grant us strength, so that we may overcome our fear of death through our hope of a blessed resurrection in You.


Source: Catholic List



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP